1. Employment figures for February are up, and should increase to 100.000 new jobs in March
2. Fosfertil, Brazil's main fertilizer company increased sales by 3% in January (37% annualized), which surprised everyone. Agriculture was supposed to suffer, since it is commodity driven, and fertilizer purchases was supposed to go down due to the world recession and lack of credit. Not so.
3. Car sales increased 4% during the first two week's in March, 8% projected for the month. Car sales nearly back to normal. End of automobile crisis, mainly caused by alarmist headlines.
4. The amount of bad checks decreased 28% in São Paulo. Repeat it: -28%. In a financial "crisis", it should be the other way round.
5. Jose Pastore, Brazil's leading Labour specialist, predicts only a 0,8% increase in unemployment in 2009.
6. Interest Rates Futures for Jan 2010 signals 9,75% a year, the first single digit interest rate in Brazil in 50 years!