1. For quite a while, the Brazilian press has treated Mr. Roubini as sort of a celebrity.
2. It endorsed and publicized all his forecasts on Brazil’s economy, in spite of his unwillingness to show the data upon which he developed such predictions.
3. Things are changing: last week, the weekly business newspaper Istoé Dinheiro questioned Roubini’s capability on making such forecasts, specially on a country he knows little off.
2. Foreign investments are pouring on the Brazilian economy. More than 4,3 billions dollars have been invest in a couple of weeks, a sign of the world’s confidence on the future of our economy.
3. The Ibovespa stock exchange index has reached 53,197.73 this year, a 42% increase during the last five months. In February, the same index was around 38,000 points. It should recover by September.